Sunday, September 12, 2010

My First Etsy Trade

I had never done a trade on etsy before until, well maybe a month or two ago now. It was a great experience. I made a custom lion trying to recreate a shops avatar. She made me an amazing clay frog. I love frogs so I thought a little frog sculpture would be cool.
This is a pic of the lion in lyonsdencreations' avatar. Isn't he cute?


Here's my version of the avatar. He's made completely out of paper, with some glue. I also gave parts of him a thin coat of gloss to make his body stronger. This was my first time making a 3-D quilling. It was fun to try something new. I'm glad I got the opportunity to make him. To see more of my work check out my store AngelasPaperArt.

  This is my awesome frog that lyonsdencreations made for me. I love him. The attention to detail is amazing. The little fly on his tongue is about 1/8", a little smaller. Check out her shop, she does great work. I had bought an ornament from her in the past and can't wait to give it away for Christmas. Thanks for the trade lyons!!

2 comments:

  1. wow that frog is so lovely and the lion u made is amazing angela! love the details you two put into it. you both are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are amazing piece!
    So cute and awesome =D

    ReplyDelete